in Main Contests
Videos of the day
Editors' choice
Number of winnings
in the Battles of the week
Total score for top 20 videos
for the last two years
Go to portfolio
WEVA interview with wedding videographer Tapio Ranta from Helsinki, Finland, number of photo 1
WEVA interview with wedding videographer Tapio Ranta from Helsinki, Finland, number of photo 2
WEVA interview with wedding videographer Tapio Ranta from Helsinki, Finland, number of photo 3
Do you work alone or you have a team? Tell about yourself and your studio.
I usually work alone, but I also have assistants and second cameramen when needed. Sometimes especially in church I use an assistant. I also do a lot of corporate videos and event videos as well.
For how long do you work as a wedding videographer? Where do you work (office or Internet)?
I have done wedding videos for over 10 years. I don't have my own office or studio, but customers come mainly through internet or recommendations.
How there was an idea to become the wedding videographer?
It seemed like a good way to practice videography skills, but then I got hooked. :)
What is your favourite part of work? What other directions of business do you develop except of video filming?
I think my favourite part is when after the wedding I sit down to my production computer and start going through the material. I usually transfer to a flow state and my creativity starts to sparkle with ideas how the film should be built. But I like the other parts as well. Maybe paper work associated with being an entrepreneur is not my favourite thing...
How you think if WEVA unites all best colleagues, can it make our work better and help videography?
It is really great that we have this place where videographers from all around the world can meet, see other's work and share ideas! We have needed a site like this for a long time!
What do you think of the results of WEVA Award?
The level of competition is really high. There are SO many great videographers out there with unique styles and creativity. I think it's great that we have this kind of award and it also helps to spread the word about wedding videography and share ideas and success. But of course, in the end, it is the customer satisfaction that is the ultimate award for us.
Would you like to tell something to your colleagues?
Keep up the good work!
·43 views·

Comments:

Only registered users can leave comments. Sign up or Sign in