Votes... votes... and votes...

Surely this issue is "on everyone's lips" and perhaps some are somewhat annoying. I mean to request "likes" of a video through private message.
What is the limit? Is it good to apply to vote?
Personally I do not mind ... much. If I like it, I vote. I also use the "Videographers activity" option to find out the latest work of my favorites.
What bothers me a bit, is it seems that I also have to ask for the vote. That is; Is not it enough to upload the video, I also have to ask colleagues to see? Then something is failing. If my video does not deserve votes "espotáneos" why's I have to beg?
Sometimes I asked for a review of my videos and I have even warned of a battle. But morally I do not like and I've stopped to do.
I think that somehow can "distort" the number of vote. The issue is not voting to friends, or those who fall me well. It's a matter of voting the video that I like, when I see it, when I discover.
If I do not have many "likes", it will be because my work does not draw attention enough or too little time in EEVA makes it not well known.
Someone, one EEVA friend told me I should have patience. And I have, really. I'm not complaining for my votes received. Just pretend launch a reflection on the air.
What do you think about what I've written?
Regards for all.
Videographer Estudio Marhea
Videographer Estudio Marhea
··983 views·

Comments:

• Videographer Emanuel Miranda
      I think this is a serious concern and I am glad Estudio Marhea brought this up because this issue is somewhat "manipulating" the "ratings" of the videographers on the site.
      I don't know the other videographers position on this matter but I share Estudio Marhea's concern.
      Regards
    • Videographer Wesele Studio
      Unfortunately, that's the sad truth. Many times I pointed this out, but no reaction, so I gave up. Some users need to build up own ego. One user ( I gave no names, but many people certainly know who it is) posted a message "Hi, what do you think if we exchange likes in our videos? ".
      And many users have agreed to it. Eeva thanks to such people lose a level, and the Video of the day are sometimes of very poor movies. It is a battle with windmills, a waste of time. Greetings
    • Videographer Daniele Paglia
      Thanks for share such doubts, we want to fix it but like you know, nobody propose to me such "like exchange". We want to eliminate such situations, like we always are trying to make the battle more fair and clear. The algorithm about rating is the same for everyone and I can say that it's good, if everyone "play correctly". Please help us to prevent such situations and help the staff to understand the (un)professionals that are playing "dirty". EEVA it's a no-profit Association, we made it to help colleagues and we don't want such unpleasant situations.
    • Videographer Atheaton Films
      "What bothers me a bit, is it seems that I also have to ask for the vote. "
      Excellent point Estudio Marhea!
      My suggestion would be this:
      Why don't we post our latest work in a thread in the forum. Followed by a description including: Creative approach, technical data/equipment used, production notes (e.g.: Color grading, editing, sound designing etc.)
      That way both the videographer and his colleagues on EEVA will benefit. And it would make it more interresting to read and watch videos every day.
      What do you think?
      • Administrator WEVA speaker
        Great idea, George!
        We want to warn you that make a post on the forum and publish your videos to the discussion can only owners of PRO-account. This protection against dilettantes and their "clever ideas".
        Comment your post will be able to all those who you allow it to do - registered colleagues or visitors.
        Do you want start it?
      • Administrator WEVA speaker
        Great idea, George!
        We want to warn you that make a post on the forum and publish your videos to the discussion can only owners of PRO-account. This protection against dilettantes and their "clever ideas".
        Comment your post will be able to all those who you allow it to do - registered colleagues or visitors.
        Do you want start it?
        • Videographer Atheaton Films
          I'd be honored to start it. I think that you need to start a dedicated category first. Something like: "Show your work" or "Showcase" or "EEVA's Movie Theater".
          What do you think?
          And yes, it should be only for PRO members. A place to exchange ideas and techniques.
    • Videographer MR FILMS
      This is exactly the reason why I'm not paying so much attention anymore to EEVA.
      My videos will never be in a battle, neither on the video of the day because I'm not asking for view or ratings.
      I noticed the same thing as Wesele Studio, the videos of the days are sometimes not worth at all.
      Asking for likes and views is ethically not correct ...
      Best
    • Videographer Wesele Studio
      In my opinion "likes" should be anonymous, maybe it will stop some extent this practice.
      But it would be best if people stopped build your own ego in such a way and understand that such behavior is simply inappropriate. Maybe admin should send to each user instructive message that such behavior harms the entire EEVA.
    • Videographer Игорь Рено
      I have an idea :) Why not to create more complicated voting/rating system: when someon wants to rate some video - it should loose several points, and if this user (that wants to rate) have highly rated videos in the portfolio (professional videographer) - he will add not 1, but 3 or 5 points to video, but also he will loose 25% of his voting points... Beginers will add only 1 point, but will loose somthing like 5% of voting points :) So: no one will vote without even play video just for spam, "video of the day" will be more pro-oriented... Something like this :)
Only registered users can leave comments. Sign up or Sign in