In this battle does not win...

"In this battle does not win the user who made ​​the movie better only the one who has more fans on facebook or friends. I voted, but I dont know what for". - said our colleague about this Battle... This situation often happens in battles - sometimes 3-4 vote, sometimes 70-100 ... "Who has more friends on facebook - and he won." So say the losers. "I was active, you could also do it!" - Say the winners. Who is right?
For example - eeva.pro/en/battle/550
Will we begin the discussion? Or is it normal?
·1,669 views·
Videographer Dmitry Sedov
Moscow, Russia

Comments:

• Videographer Estudio Marhea
      He estado mirando resultados de las batallas de otras fechas y no veo que ganen siempre los mismos. Es cierto que algunas han tenido resultados muy abultados (54 y 6 votos en una), pero creo que en la mayoría de las veces las victorias son muy ajustadas. El criterio de cada uno a la hora de votar puede depender de muchos factores (ánimo del día, colores, música, etc). No podemos echar la culpa a facebook ni podemos estar decepcionados si nunca hemos ganado una batalla (aunque una por lo menos ..... no estaría mal ... jajajaa). En el mundo suceden cosas más graves. No convirtamos una "batalla del día" en una guerra contra todos. Saludos.
      I've been looking at results of battles of other dates do not see them always win. True, some results have been very bulky (54 and 6 votes in one), but I think most times wins are very tight. The criteria for each vote when you can depend on many factors (Day mood, colors, music, etc.). We can not blame it on facebook and we can be disappointed if we never won a battle (although at least would be nice ..... ... jajajaa). Worldwide more serious things happen. Do not become a "battle of the day" in a war against all. Regards.
    • Videographer Leoš Brabec
      Of course the ideal would be if only the members voted EEVA .
      • Videographer Dmitry Sedov
        Leoš, do you remember that at first it was possible to vote only to registered users. BUT NOBODY VOTED - all voices can be seen in the Battle and clear to all who voted for whom. And everyone was uncomfortable vote. Then we made a free vote, and the battle was fun to watch - friends started to vote for both duelists.
        • Videographer VPV weddings
          Así como en el "vídeo del día" no considero el proceso del todo justo, creo que en este caso la votación si que es mucho más justa (por ese motivo pienso que el vídeo del día debería de salir de las batallas). Los trabajos compiten en igualdad de condiciones, ya que en muchas ocasiones, yo por lo menos, no conozco a ninguno de los competidores, y voto, simplemente, el que más me gusta (lo hago así aunque lo conozca porque, si me parece mejor trabajo el del videógrafo que no conozco, me parece justo reconocérselo). Por otro lado pienso que es muy conveniente que vote el público puesto que son los que nos contratan y es bueno que conozcan el tipo de trabajos que hacemos. No se en otros países, pero en España, uno de los principales problemas que tenemos es que muchos posibles clientes no conocen los diferentes tipos de trabajos que hay, y piensan que todos son iguales. Está claro que, posiblemente, si alguno de los dos competidores difunde mucho la batalla en facebook y el otro no, gane el primero, pero pienso que lo importante es dar a conocer el trabajo, independientemente de que se gane la batalla o no.
          As in the "Video of the Day" I do not consider the process entirely fair, I think in this case the vote if it is much fairer (for that reason I think the video of the day I should get out of battles). Work compete on equal terms, since in many occasions, at least, do not know any of the competitors and vote, just that I like (although I do so because I know, if I feel better the work of the videographer who do not know, I think just acknowledge this). On the other hand I think it is highly desirable that the public vote because they are the ones who hire us and it's good to know the type of work we do. No other countries, but in Spain, one of the main problems we have is that many potential customers do not know the different types of jobs out there, and think that everyone is equal. Clearly possibly if one of the two competitors battle diffuses much on facebook and the other not, the first win, but I think the important thing is to know the work, whether or not the battle is won.
        • Videographer Alper Tunc
          I think Dmitry is kinda right. It's fun to see all the friends and facebook followers support your videos. A lot of people wouldn't vote if they weren't somehow connected to the participants..
          But I like the idea VPV weddings is proposing. That videos of the day should be somehow results of the battles. but on the other hand, that would double the attention of the videos in the battle and the others won't get as much appreciation. difficult matter for sure! :-)
        • Videographer Leoš Brabec
          Dmitry, yes I understand but then becomes what we see here. prefer prestige than the number of votes. What's for longer for a week?
            We already have queue on the battle until 2016 ... If you do battle once a week, we can fill the calendar up to 2026 ... Right?
      Me gustaría conocer como se selecciona un vídeo para una batalla (si lo pone en agún lugar, pido disculpas porque no lo he visto). Todo, o casi todos, los vídeos que he subido los he enviado a batalla, pero no es que no haya ganado ninguna, es que nunca he conseguido competir en ninguna.
      I would like to know how a video for a battle is selected (if put in place Agune, I apologize because I have not seen). All, or nearly all, of the videos I uploaded have sent them to battle, but not who has not won any, I've never managed to compete in any.
    • Videographer Atheaton Films
      Guys, there is not only about my video or your video it's also about the community. We need to make EEVA a large and respected network where couples and wedding planners browse in order to find their videographer of preference. So, in my opinion both videographers who are partcipating in a battle should share on fb. Don't forget as pro members we always need to have EEVAin mind and how can we make it a large world class network!
      Thank you for your very kind words, friends. I and another moderator choose opponents for battle. We took a similar video, so it was interesting to compare and evaluate. I tried to select peer competitors, that there was no 80: 3.
      Soon we will change the mechanism of Battles - You will be able to cause a fight any author, attacking first :))) This method of competition will be called Duel.
    • Videographer Andrea Spinelli
      To me it seems really ridiculous. Ipiù friends on facebook that I see a continued off and attacks the router, make vows in a few minutes, no time to watch the video and I get 20 votes magically .... The ridiculous thing is that it is a site of some professionals instead seem to me children.
    • Videographer Origami Group
      Странное ощущение причастности к этому батлу, и сложно сказать что хочется что то вообще писать, в принудительной форме напишу следующее:
      Если обе эти работы Showreel то он должен состоять из лучших кадров со свадеб или других проектов, таковых кадров здесь не обнаружил, но я так понимаю модератор EEva не спрашивал у меня мнений по качеству исполнения работ, соответственно описывать свое мнение на каждую из работ я не буду!!!В данном батле не должно быть победителей, работы одинаково плохи!!!Их изначально не нужно было допускать на батл!!!
        If the duel would be limited to "best work", who will be able to tell exactly what the video - the best, and what - no? What criteria can be used to select?
    • Videographer Daniele Donati Films
      Everything is in the correctness of those who promote the video ... it is one thing to promote the fight, asking to vote for the video you prefer, it is one thing to ask to be rated ... surely that has more fans on facebook can have access on the upper video and can receive a greater number of votes even if they do not deserve it, but bring as many people as possible to view the videos contrinuisce to greater disclosure not only of their work but also to all the others and contributes to the prestige of all users inscribed ...
    • Videographer Alex Colom | Wedding's Art
      For me is not important win the battle.
      For me is more important to have the recognition of our colleagues profesion like you and many others.
      Congrats for EEVA organization.
    • Videographer Avatarfilms Studio
      And why everyone takes for the fact that all the votes in battles like this, are recruited by friends in social networks? It seems to me that no network can give 5-6 votes, for 5 minutes. A similar result can be obtained only using anonymous proxies, showing site EEVA different IP addresses.
      Perhaps it would make sense to make EEVA able to login using the social network (Facebook, etc.), and to cast a vote could only be used for logging into EEVA so. That there was a guarantee that the voices gave real people and not using anonymous proxy.
      А почему все принимают за факт, что все голоса в битвах, как эта, набираются за счет друзей в социальных сетях? Мне кажется, что ни одна сеть не может дать 5-6 голосов за 5 минут. Подобный результат можно получить лишь используя анонимные прокси, показывая сайту ЕЕВА разные айпи-адреса.
      Возможно, имело бы смысл сделать на ЕЕВА возможность входа с помощью социальной сети (Facebook или VK), и чтобы отдать голос можно было только при авторизации на ЕЕВЕ таким образом. Чтобы была гарантия, что голоса отдали реальные люди, а не с помощью анонимного прокси.
        That would also help increase EEVAs network. Great idea!
    • Videographer Stefan Mirea
      I think it will be fare if we have a jury who decide the winner, someone who has an experience a great portfolio . The battle should be every week , and the winner will be decide by the jury 80 % and the 20 % vote . I think it will be a fair result for the battle :)
        I agree with you. But it's just not clear enough to me what is the battle of the day about. Is it about the artistic value of the participating videos? If so, you're absolutely right. A jury should be formed and the members should be a small group of aknowledged directors with experience on cinema.
        If a battle of the day is about evaluating the videographer's performance in these particular videos then it's another ballgame! A videographer is much more than a good director. A videographer is both an artist an enterpreneur. What he brings to his videos is his experience, his knowledge and skill as a filmmaker but also his marketing efford, his network, his finance level and above all his NAME!
        In my opinion is in EEVAs members benefit to try and increase the network.
          I agree with you too. I say this from the perspective of an editor. I must respect the "idea" of the videographer and not spoil what he wanted to record. Estudio Marhea editing works for different videographers. Each one with different ideas and attitudes. It's challenging.
          También estoy de acuerdo con usted. Digo esto desde la perspectiva de un editor. Debo respetar la "idea" del videógrafo y no echar a perder lo que él quería grabar. Estudio Marhea realiza ediciones para diferentes videógrafos. Cada uno con diferentes ideas y actitudes. Es un reto.
    • Videographer Stefan Mirea
      If the battle will be every week , i think it will have more value for everyone . It will increase the value of videos, hey ...i won a battle that is every week not everyday :)) Videographers should learn for the battle and inspire them and want that on of this days a jury will chose a video for a battle .
        The trouble is that fight once a week requires a great selection of videos to choose moderation by the two videos. And now I guess if I send a video to battle ..... I would have to wait several months to begin.
        I want to throw a question on the air: how about a battle with many fronts .... for example with four videos? Would it be too crazy?
      We tried a variety of options, many colleagues remember. Weekly battle completely destroy the dynamics of the process, but the weight of winning will be increased slightly. Battle in four categories will reduce the queue, but then we have to significantly to remake design of the page Battles of the day, it is quite expensive.
      Yo creo que no se debe rehacer ahora todo de nuevo porque siempre habrá gente a la que no le guste lo que se haga, y que proponga nuevos cambios. Se podría convertir en algo interminable. Pienso que lo importante es que los cambios que se hagan vayan dirigidos a difundir EEVA entre el publico no profesional. Es importante hacer llegar nuestros trabajos al público para que conozca el trabajo, vea su calidad, y decida si lo quiere o no. Pienso que las batallas son interesantes porque es una forma de difundir el trabajo y hacer participar a la gente. Los protagonistas de los trabajos están casados, pero ellos, al tratare de una batalla, lo difundirán a sus contactos para que intente ganar su trabajo, y muchos de ellos no lo están, por lo que es un buen escaparate. Por ese motivo los vídeos de las batallas deben ser lo más recientes posible, y en las batallas deben entrar todos los videógrafos de EEVA. No me parece bueno ni útil para ninguno de nosotros que unos le digan a otro lo bueno que es, y que todo se quede en eso.
      I think you should not redo everything again now because there will always be people who do not like what you do, and to propose new changes. It could turn into something endless. I think the important thing is that the changes made are directed to spread EEVA between nonprofessional audience. It is important to extend our work to the public to know the job, see their quality, and decide if you want it or not. I think the battles are interesting because it is a way to spread the work and engage people. The protagonists of the works are married, but they, the case of a battle, he disseminated his contacts to try to win his job, and many of them are not, so it is a good showcase. For this reason the videos of the battles should be as recent as possible and in all battles must enter EEVA videographers. I do not feel good or helpful for any of us to tell another about how good it is, and to leave things at that.
    • Videographer evergreen videografi
      I don't think that the video who win are the best, there is not "best video", this is just an intelligent, funny and alternative work to share with colleagues, is a useful and constructive play. Let's have fun!!
      Giuseppe! I am very glad that you keep the conversation.
    • Videographer Alex Balan
      Like Marhea Estudio Marhea sais, a battle with 4 videos i think can be great. And another thing ... if only the EEVA members can vote ... it will be perfect ...
Only registered users can leave comments. Sign up or Sign in