Terms of ParticipationAll entries have to match the theme of the contest: wedding videos. Participants can only submit works of their own authorship, although they can be assisted by their colleagues. Participation is free of charge, but for PRO-members only. Each participant can submit one video to each category. Entries that do not meet the technical requirements are deleted by moderators before the voting starts. Contest organizer can provide prizes and awards for the participants.
Contest NominationsThe following top awards are given based on the voting results: - The Best Videographer of the Year (the annual challenge prize for the best cameraman, video editor and designer, all in one)
- The Best Cameraman (the best wedding cameraman)
- The Best Video Editor (the best wedding video editor) The following top awards are given for the best wedding videos: - The Best Wedding Highlights Video - this nomination is for videos that cover one whole wedding day. Videos must be up to 5 minutes long.
- The Best Love story - videos that cover love stories or wedding preparations. Videos must be up to 5-7 minutes long.
- The Best Walk. - Videos with any storyline can be submitted for participation, the only condition is that they have to be shot during a walk. Length: 3-5 minutes.
- The Best Music Video - This nomination is for music videos shot during wedding preparations or the celebration. Videos cannot be longer than 5 minutes.
There are 4 top awards for the following wedding specializations:- The Best SDE-maker (express editor) - any SDE videos can participate - wedding highlights reels that were shot, edited and demonstrated during one wedding day. Length: up to 5 minutes.
- The Best Sound Editor - fragments of real wedding videos or demo reels showing your sound editing level. Length: up to 3 minutes.
- The Best Colorist - fragments of real wedding videos up to 3 minutes long demonstrating the author's approach to color editing.
- The Best Pilot - this nomination is for expert works made using filmmaking equipment (drones, camera dollies, camera sliders, and steadicams). The first three nominations are awarded annually. All submitted videos must fully match the technical requirements to participate in these nominations. Preference given to wedding videos, however any other high quality works can be submitted as well. All participants can only submit one work to one nomination. The Committee can request for more works to prove that the participant in question really deserves high rating (in order to avoid discrepancies).
Requirements:Length - specific to every nomination. Exceeding maximum length is a serious violation and can lead to the deletion of the video.
Aspect ratio: 16:9, HD format
Participation is free, however only available to pro account holders
Any EEVA PRO member can submit a video to the contest (eeva.pro/en/pro) The submitted video should contain a complete story with a logical plot.
TimelineEntry Submission Dates: December 3rd - January 3rd
Shortlist Dates: from 4 to 13 January 2015
Judging: from 13 to 20 January 2015
Finalist Announcement: January 20th Awards - January 20th
AwardsVideographer of the Year nomination winner gets a Canon EOS 70D body. This prize will help the winner achieve new professional goals in videography and create a great many masterpieces and make it into the history of wedding videography. Apart from the awards and prizes, all winners will have their winning videos displayed on the main page of the EEVA site along with all the credits and contact details.
JudgingJudges independently evaluate all the entries submitted to the Contest. The interim ratings are not published and the winner is selected by calculating the average score. To make judging unprejudiced and uniform we have defined the following criteria for evaluation: the artistic level, general impression, originality and the storyline, technical aspects and overall quality. The final results of the Contest are public and are announced at the Contest site after the Contest is closed. By submitting videos to the contest the member confirms his or her authorship and agreement to all the terms and conditions of the Contest. In case it turns out that a participant provided false information, the Organizers have the right to withdraw prizes and publicly cancel the Contest results.
The organizers have the right to use the works and names of authors and names of judges for promotional purposes.
Contest site - eeva.pro/en/contest/8